Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is affixed on documents submitted in electronic form by the authorised person. It ensures the security and authenticity of the documents submitted electronically.
What are the different classes of Digital Signature Certificate?
While applying for the certificate, the individual or company must purposely select the class. The different classes of digital signature certificates are as follows:
Class 1: This cannot be used by companies. It only verifies the name and email address of individuals.
Class 2: This is needed by companies and other entities. It can be used for filing tax returns. A Class 2 digital signature certificate verifies the identity of a person against a pre-verified, trusted database. However, from 01.01.2021, the Controller of Certifying Authority has instructed to discontinue Class 2 Certificates and Class 3 Certificates will be issued in place of Class 2 Certificates.
Class 3: This is needed for individuals or entities who would like to participate in online auctions or tenders. It is the highest and most secure form of a digital signature certificate. To obtain this, the applicant must present himself or herself in front of a registration authority.
Class 3 DSC is Use For:
Import And Export Code
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY CLIENT FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURE:
- SELF ATTESTED ADDRESS PROOF (AADHAR CARD, LICENSE ETC.).
- SELF ATTESTED PAN CARD (MANDATORY).
- PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO
- MAIL ID AND MOBILE NO- on Which message will be send.
Requirements while applying for DSC:
- Class of the DSC.
- Applicant Name & Contact Details.
- Residential Address.
- Declaration- form provided by the issuing agency.
- Document as proof of identity- PAN
- Document as proof of address- AADHAR
- Payment Details.
- On filling up all the necessary details in form provided by issuing agency you must affix your recent photograph and put your signature under the declaration. Check thoroughly for completion of the form. Take a print of the completed form and preserve it.
- Enter the current valid phone number and maild id because OTP will be needed for both verification.
- After filling the form there would be a video verification in which person have to hold his pan and adhaar in both hands in proper way and speak the lines as provided in the window and webcamera have its own timming so we didn’t need to stop the video. We can reshoot or replay the video.
For Instance: My name is X. my fathers name is—–, I live in—- my date of birth is—-and I want to apply for class 3 DSC in pamtaSign CA. The code is 123.
- It is adivisable to apply for Class 3 DSC as it has wider scope.
Rectifying Mistake in Digital Signature Certificate
To change the details or rectify mistakes in the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), an organization needs to follow the following procedure:
- Log in with the existing user-id.
- Go to ‘Change DSC details’ option.
- Fill the requisite details of the DSC.
- Select the renewed/Changed DSC.