How to file a complaint in SEBI (Security Exchange Board of India)?
SEBI Launched a centralized web-based complaints redressal system , SCORES (Sebi Complaints Redress System) is an online platform designed to help investors to lodge their complaints, pertaining to securities market, online with SEBI against listed companies and SEBI registered intermediaries.
- If we already have username and pass words then click on the ‘Register/ Login to Lodge complaints’. And if we are 1st time user, then click on “Register Here” under title “Not Registered Yet?” and then enter details
2. Then you have to Select a category among the following:
a. Listed company/ registrar & transfer agents
b. Brokers/ Stock Exchange
c. Depository Participants/ depository
d. Mutual funds
e. Other entities and information to SEBI
3. After logging into SCORES, investors must click on “Complaint Registration” under “Investor Corner”.
4. Investor should provide complaint details.
5. Investors must select the correct complaint category, entity name, and nature of complaint.
6. Investors must provide complaint details in brief (up to 1000 characters).
7. A PDF document (up to 2 MB of size for each nature of complaint) can also be attached along with the complaint as supporting document.
On successful submission of complaint, system generated unique registration number will be displayed on the screen which may be noted for future correspondence. An email acknowledging the complaint with complaint registration number will also be sent to the email id entered in the complaint registration form. A text message will also be sent to the investor informing them about registration of the complaint.
Q. How can investors attach a document along with their complaint?
- There is a field “Upload Supporting Document” followed by a button “Browse”.
- On clicking the browse button, a pop-up window will open, prompting the investor to select the PDF document to be uploaded.
- After selecting the PDF file, click “Attach” button to enclose the selected document with the complaint.
- An investor can upload a file in PDF format up to a maximum size of 2 MB for each nature of complaint.
Note: For security reasons, only PDF file can be attached.